Male infertility is male inability to cause pregnancy in a fertile female. It accounts for one third of cause of infertility in couples. It affects about 7% of all men.
Male infertility may be due to
- Poor quality sperm
- Small volume
- Blockage in the sperm pathway
Risk factors are
- Men above the age of 35
- Illicit substance abuse
- Prolonged cycling in a hard saddle
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Medical conditions like Mumps, Varicocele, Vasectomy, autoimmune disorders
- Inherited fertility disorders
- Treatments like chemotherapy.