- Go to toilet more than 8 times in a day?
- Get up night to pass urine more than twice?
- Drink less than cups of water per day?
- Go to toilet “Just in case”?
- Wet yourself when you cough, laugh, sneeze or exercise?
- Urgency to pass urine and leak before you reach the toilet?
- Strain to pass urine?
Good bladder habits are
- Maintain a good fluid intake, 8 glasses water or 2 to 3 liters per day.
- Maintain good pelvic floor muscle tone.
- Try to go only when your bladder is full and when you need to go.
- Don’t go to toilet “ Just in case” as this may result in small capacity (unless you are going on a long trip or just before bed). Normal bladder should be able to hold up to 400-500ml of urine.
- Take time to empty your bladder so that it empties completely.
- Being in a rush may lead to incomplete emptying and predispose you to urinary infection.
- Make sure you sit on the toilet seat. Do not strain.