Ashvin cancer support group is initiative of Ashvin Clinics, Centre for urology and Robotic surgery.
A support group is where two or more people come together regularly and voluntarily to discuss and share their experience.
Diagnosis of cancer often leads to strong emotional response. It is the most stressful experience in a person’s life.
- Patient experiences
- And sense of loss
What do support group members do?
Share information on
- What to expect during treatment
- Side effects of treatment
- How to manage pain
- How to communicate with health care providers and family members
- Discuss nutrition and exercise
- Life after cancer
What do you find in support group?
- Relief from fear and depression
- Hope for improved survival and quality of life
- Optimism and inspiration
- Helps maintaining positive attitude
Support group organizes meetings and invite speakers to present topics of interest, which includes doctors, nurses, psychologist, and dietitians.